SUBSCRIBE
Tech Journal Now
  • Home
  • News
  • AI
  • Reviews
  • Guides
  • Best Buy
  • Software
  • Games
Reading: Black Ops 7 ad banned in the UK for ‘triviliazing sexual violence’
Share
Tech Journal NowTech Journal Now
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Guides
  • AI
  • Best Buy
  • Games
  • Software
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • AI
  • Reviews
  • Guides
  • Best Buy
  • Software
  • Games
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Tech Journal Now > Games > Black Ops 7 ad banned in the UK for ‘triviliazing sexual violence’
Games

Black Ops 7 ad banned in the UK for ‘triviliazing sexual violence’

News Room
Last updated: February 19, 2026 8:53 am
News Room
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE

An advertisement for Call of Duty: Black Ops 7 released in November 2025 has been banned in the UK after that country’s Advertising Standards Authority upheld complaints that it “trivialized sexual violence.”

The ad is an entry in the long-running “Replacer” series of Call of Duty promos featuring Peter Stormare, who in this one is joined by Nikki Glaser in an airport security line. In the ad, Stormare tells one man in line that he’s “been randomly selected to be manhandled,” and then orders him to face the wall. After ridiculing a prescription found in his luggage, Stormare tells the man to remove his clothing—”everything but the shoes”—at which point Glaser snaps on a rubber glove and says, “Time for the puppet show.” The ad concludes with Stormare telling the man to bite down on his metal detector, warning, “She’s going in dry.”

Call of Duty: Black Ops 7 – The Replacer “Airport Security” – YouTube


Watch On

The ad was not especially well received on YouTube, based on the comments and high number of dislikes. It also prompted nine complaints from viewers “who believed that the ad trivialised sexual violence,” according to the ASA’s report, and two from people who felt it “encouraged or condoned drug use.”


Related articles

In response to the complaints, Activision said the ad was for an “18-rated videogame” targeted at adult audiences, and that it “depicted a deliberately implausible, parodic scenario that bore no resemblance to real airport security procedures.”

It also said the ad had been approved, with timing restrictions aimed at keeping it away from younger viewers, by Clearcast, an agency that reviews and clears advertisements for broadcast in the UK. Clearcast confirmed its approval, saying that while “some viewers may have found the ad to be distasteful … on balance, it was unlikely to cause serious or widespread offence.”

The ASA disagreed, however: The agency rejected the complaints regarding drug use, but upheld the ones related to sexual violence. In its ruling, the ASA acknowledged that most viewers would see it as “intended to be humorous,” and that there was no explicit imagery.

“However, we noted that the humour in the ad was generated by the humiliation and implied threat of painful, non-consensual penetration of the man, an act associated with sexual violence,” the ASA wrote. “In addition, we considered the officers’ confident and joking demeanour presented this in a humorous manner.

Keep up to date with the most important stories and the best deals, as picked by the PC Gamer team.

“Because the ad alluded to non-consensual penetration, and framed it as an entertaining scenario, we considered that the ad trivialised sexual violence and was therefore irresponsible and offensive.”

Functionally, the ruling is not a huge blow to Activision: It means the ad “ad must not appear again in its current form.” The ASA also told Activision “to ensure that their ads were socially responsible and did not cause serious offence, for example by trivialising sexual violence.”

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Hytale’s developer warned us the adventure sandbox ‘isn’t good yet,’ but it already feels pretty good to me

League of Legends players worldwide couldn’t login for hours because Riot forgot to renew the client’s SSL certificate—just like it did 10 years ago

Baldur’s Gate 3’s lead writer hopes we won’t want to save scum in Divinity: ‘Our ambition is certainly to make failure more interesting’

One of The Elder Scrolls Online’s oldest problems, overland difficulty, is finally getting addressed—but the devs are ‘starting really small’ because ‘we didn’t want to take a big swing and miss’

Old-school MMO Project: Gorgon launches into 1.0 with an update that adds ‘by far the largest and most complex map we’ve ever made’

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Leave a comment Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -
Ad image

Trending Stories

Games

Surprise: Slay the Spire 2 is bringing 4 player co-op when it hits early access on March 6

February 19, 2026
News

TerraClear launches autonomous farm robot to capture images for tackling rocks, weeds and more

February 19, 2026
Games

Arc Raiders full interview: ‘Nobody whatsoever thought we’d have this many players’

February 19, 2026
News

PageMaker pioneer Paul Brainerd, 1947-2026: Aldus founder devoted his second chapter to the planet

February 19, 2026
Games

Highguard website woes are just an administrative thing, developer says, and the studio is in no rush to fix it because ‘reputational damage’ is already done

February 19, 2026
Software

Apple’s iOS adoption data shows consistency – Computerworld

February 19, 2026

Always Stay Up to Date

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US on Social Media

Facebook Youtube Steam Twitch Unity

2024 © Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Tech Journal Now

Quick Links

  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?